Since 1987, Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors Inc. has been providing tax advisory, planning, consulting, and tax preparation services for a sophisticated client base including individuals, partnerships, trusts, and corporations. We offer challenging work and client assignments to advance your career as rapidly as possible. We have excellent benefits including SEP and ESOP plans, extensive CPE opportunities, health/disability insurance, paid parking, and a unique work environment in downtown Austin overlooking Lady Bird Lake.
Our people are the most valuable asset of the firm. We cultivate a team approach, ensuring our professional staff a high degree of collaboration with each other and with clients.
The Firm seeks the very best talent. We have an interest in candidates that want to further develop their skills and pursue a long-term career opportunity.
Hiring and developing talented tax professionals is integral to our growth. A candidate’s opportunity is to build their own “sphere of influence” allowing them to develop their own professional career path. This can be accomplished by utilizing the foundation and depth of Firm resources in a mentoring, teamwork-oriented environment. Longer-term, candidates have the opportunity to become a respected professional and owner in a practice that has extraordinary value potential.
Send resume to hr (at) durbinbennett.com.
Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors, Inc.is seeking a full-time Tax Accountant, Tax Return Preparer & Consultant responsible for accurately preparing federal and state tax return filings for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations, as well as review, analysis, and utilization of client accounting information and records.
The Advisor will prepare federal and state tax return filings, and associated accounting for individuals, trusts, partnerships, and corporations.
- Accurately prepare tax return filings including review, analysis and utilization of client information and documents
- Compile, prepare and assemble neat, organized and referenced work papers and tax files.
- Independently endeavor to resolve open items and issues in conjunction with collaboration with clients, senior staff and Firm management
- Effectively prioritize and organize timely completion of work assignments including coordination of work priorities through collaboration with supervisors
- Perform tax client research including drafting clear and concise memoranda or notes to tax files as appropriate. Suggest tax planning ideas and improvements and consulting with clients and co-workers.
- Adapting to the changing demands of the Firm and taking on new responsibilities.
- Reading, retaining and applying continued education, tax treatise material, and current tax developments.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Masters in Accounting preferred
- CPA license or working towards CPA licensure required
- Two or more years’ tax return preparation experience in a professional services firm or public accounting firm required
- Strong QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Excel skills
- Computer literate and effectively utilize tax software
- Proficient in CCH Axcess knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to build client relationships, and general consulting skills
- Exhibits professionalism including appearance, demeanor, and behavior.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job applicants only, please.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email your resume and cover letter to hr(at)durbinbennett.com, job applicants only, please.